Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day...Oh, I lost count.

Marina and the Diamonds at El Rey Theatre on Wilshire Blvd - why does everything that begins with El suddenly sound so sweet? That and Park La Brea or El Lay or Marina del Ray or ... but I diverge.
Inside an intimate red velvet room, Marina unleashed her own personal brand of British fabulousness, in a tight black dress cut at the elbows, necklaces overflowing, hair in the fake wind, voice soaring from somewhere deep down, from an ancestral core, tens of church choirs blended in one incredible timbre.

Sunday, wake up, give me a cigarette.
Last night’s love affair is looking vulnerable in my bed..

After falling asleep during the opening band's act and contemplating how good my white warm puffy bed feels, I woke up and rocked out.

You never told me what it was that made you strong, what it was that made you weak..

Marina confessed to cheers (almost ironically): "I don't know why but I feel more at home in America, than I do in the UK. I might move here." Oh s***. Not another one.

A beautiful end to a beautiful day. Spent the day walking and dreaming in the Getty center, on top of a hill, a little piece of heaven.

No comments: